EMPLOYEES' WELFARE BOARD
Grievance redressal policy is the procedure provided by employer to employee so that they can vent out the issue or complication they face and to get a proper solution to this. Employees can lodge the complaint as per the procedure and solution is provided to this by senior authority as per policy so that a healthy working environment is followed out.
In the present scenario of competition, employees are the assets of the Corporation. For efficient working and smooth functioning of Corporation, it is important to see to the problems of the employees and also create a healthy environment with good working culture.
Employees face multiple issues in their day-to-day working life, some of them are personal and other are in general terms. The issues have to be recognized, acknowledged and solved to keep the morale of the employees high. The purpose of the welfare Board is to create an alternative mechanism for issues/problems/grievances to be quickly and smoothly solved, to the satisfaction of employees.
The main objective of Employees’ Welfare Board is to fill the gap between all employees from Depot Manager to Shramiks/Drivers/ Conductors. Success of a depot depends on the team that’s created by all. The structure and mechanism of Employees’ Welfare Board shall be utilized to create a strong team in each unit to achieve higher performance.
- The Employees’ Welfare Board has to ensure to provide a redressal mechanism to solve the issue at Depot/Region
- The Employees’ Welfare Board shall invariable be a quicker mechanism in solving the problems than the previous mechanism to gain confidence of the employees.
- The Employees’ Welfare Board must ensure that the Problems/ Issues/Suggestions shall be addressed and the feedback be given to the employee who raised the same.
- Employees’ Welfare Board shall instil such confidence in the employee that the welfare of employees will be protectd.
- Employees’ welfare Board is the state level body in which two employees shall be identified from each Depot/Workshop to become members of Employees’ Welfare Board.
- The members shall have characteristics of a role model, in terms of attendance, clean service record for previous five years with a minimum service of 5 to 10 years. Memebers from all categories of employees represented i.e SCs STs,BCs, Women and others wherever required.
- The depot/workshop Level Employee Welfare meeting shall be held every week.The regional level Employee Welfare Meeting shall be held once in a month at regional head quarters.
- State level meeting shall be held every three months. Two Employees’ Welfare Board members of each depot shall attend the meeting.